BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update from Jordan.......



Greetings from Athens, Greece!

Yep, that's right, I'm in Athens. I have been, actually, for 2 days. Tomorrow we are heading to Corinth, and then off to Rome in the evening.

The trip has been incredible thus far. We have been all over Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), visiting ancient cities like Ephesus, Pergamum, Constantinople, Hieropolis, Philadelphia, Sardis, Thyatira, Laodicea (in other words, all of the 7 churches of Revelation), and many more. After Turkey, we then came to Greece, where we visited places like Philippi, Pella (Alexander the Great's hometown), Delphi, and tomorrow Corinth.

In fact, not an hour ago I returned to the hotel for the night from the Areopagus--the very rock where Paul gave his defense before the Council in Acts 17. It was breathtaking, to say the least, especially because it is very near the looming Acropolis--that massive hill where the Parthenon stands. It adds a whole new dimension to the overwhelming nature of Paul's situation in Athens.

There have been many moments like this--in Philippi, Ephesus, and such--and I assure you that I have taken many pictures. And I also assure you that all of us need to come over to these places, and to Israel, sometime in the future. I think it would be well worth the money.

Well, I don't want to babble on too long, for some of you may get a bit jealous:) I just wanted to let you know where I was and where I'm going, and I will contact you all again soon. I love you guys!

Jordan

1 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

WOW! What an amazing experience. I am so glad that he is getting to see these places. I can't even imagine.